Dir Track and Field/Cross Country Operations
About the Job
University of Texas at El Paso
Job ID: 4209
Job Title: Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the administration of a Division I Track and Field/Cross Country intercollegiate program.
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in record keeping tasks related to student-athlete academic progress by timely degree plan updates. Also, assisting in other day to day operations related tasks including managing program's NCAA supplement account, keeping track of practice and competition gear, updates athletes' academic and team activity related calendars making sure NCAA time management plan's contractual obligations are met.
- Coordinates clinics, summer camps, volunteer activities, and fundraisers for the sport.
- Oversees managers work schedules and utilizes them in equipment inventory and distribution.
- Participates in facility usage scheduling process.
- Actively engaged in the El Paso community.
- Participates willingly in various speaking engagements and public events relevant to the sport.
- Assists in the scheduling of away events, plan and manage home competitions as the meet director.
- Assists in recruiting teams for knowledge of meet management software, and experience with HyTek Meet Manager.
- Maintains home meet official's database as well as assignment of duties for individuals during the events.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and supervising all team travel related matters including university required travel paperwork/documents, creating travel related team calendars, and responsible for team entries by entering and managing competition rosters via DirectAthletics website. Retains thorough records of all trip specific plans, deadlines, reservations, flight/bus itineraries, and all Athletic Business Office documents for each trip. Responsible for handling and distributing per diem.
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA Rules and Regulations.
- Accurately and timely completes all NCAA forms and requests for information.
- Tracks all staff certifications such as NCAA/UTEP compliance and other mandatory/relevant coaching staff certifications.
- Employee agrees to abide by the Code of Ethics as set forth by the University of Texas at El Paso and the University of Texas System.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use people soft. Strong database management skills and social media skills.
- Provides strong contributions in integration of different types of work styles/skill sets via platform built most likely with Microsoft Office 365 on OneDrive or similar hosting service/site resulting in much improved staff productivity and program organization.
- Tracks all balances and transactions for all Track and Field/Cross Country accounts.
- Assists coaches with official visit itineraries and prospect travel arrangements. Schedules all important meetings and appointments during the visits. Helps coaches in sending out timely letters to PSA to solicit interest from local, state and top world class. Maintains local HS coaches database and PSA database specific to this region.
- Ability to effectively monitor social media postings by student-athletes, assist UTEP sports information department with team specific website maintenance and upkeep. Assist managing and monitoring Student-Athlete interviews and all other media exposure.
- Complies with all State, University, and CUSA/NCAA policies.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and maintains high ethical standards.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree and one year of experience related to the statement of duties and responsibilities or equivalent combination of education and experience. Past experience as a Track and Field/Cross Country student-athlete or as NCAA Track and Field/Cross Country coach helpful.
Preferred Experience: Actual multi-year experience as operations director for any NCAA affiliated sports team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to very loud. Will be required to work nights and weekend as needed.
UTEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may apply by visiting www.utep/employment