Dir Engineering Digital Engineering
About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
As the Engineering Director of the Nike.com Web Experience team, you will lead the teams responsible for creating experiences for Nike.com. In this role, you need to have passion for Leadership, Technology, Customers, data-driven outcomes, and iterating with deep engagement with our partners.
A Director within the Nike Digital Engineering organization helps create an inspiring environment where highly skilled people are empowered to create amazing consumer experiences and business results. This key leader sets the strategic technical direction for specific areas of Nike.com. The Director is an influential leader with broad and deep technical knowledge.
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. Here are some of the qualifications we're seeking:
- Thorough knowledge of CS and Web fundamentals including: data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns, responsive design, cross browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Thought leadership, proven experience in a dynamic, Agile/Lean environment
- Demonstrated track record of simplifying process, operational excellence, and a focus on metrics and automation.
- Effectively incorporates storytelling to help reinforce key messages and increase engagement
- Proven experience delivering cross company initiatives and programs
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective collaboration across multiple technical teams and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate consumer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a highly collaborative environment
- Understands own and constituent's biases/agendas with changes and successfully navigates to resolution to achieve results
- Organized and self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to use them in consensus building and collaboration
- Relationship building is key for this role
- Excellent business and technical vision
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in distributed development is desired not required
What we're looking for:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Demonstrated experience in a dynamic, Agile/Lean environment
Experience with systems and processes that support e-Commerce capabilities
8 years developing complex, global, consumer facing experiences
2 years of additional experience required in lieu of a degree
3 years of experience managing teams, including experience managing other managers
3 years of experience with leading projects in a highly collaborative, multi time-zone, multi-branded, multi-discipline development team environment
5 years experience in building cloud-based enterprise systems, specifically AWS
Experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment - Agile, SCRUM.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and to communicate the strategy to a larger organization
Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical follow through
A collaborative style and a focus on continuous improvement, quality and planning
Demonstrated achievement of results in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications.
Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation.