About the Job
This is a full-time position for someone with an interest in working at and managing technical operations at a major market broadcast AM and FM facility. This is an opportunity to work in a modern multi-station New York City radio cluster with studios located in Manhattan and transmitting facilities at the Empire State Building as well as 50KW AM facilities in the Bronx and New Jersey.
This is a hands-on position on the front lines of engineering.
Primary responsibilities include all aspects of planning, installing and maintaining systems for the 4 FM, 3AM and National Sports Network associated with the Entercom New York radio cluster.
The engineer filling this position will be required to effectively communicate with Entercom programming as well as outside facilities where many of our high profile New York sports teams operation.
- Must have at least 5 years large market radio engineering experience.
- Experienced with broadcast studio systems, Technical Operations Center operations, High power AM and FM transmitters and Basic IT skills are a must.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with skills in Visio are desirable.
- Able to perform basic network configuration tasks and troubleshoot broadcast IT systems. Will be required to learn and support Wide Orbit, Burli, NeoScreener and Axia platforms, as well as Comrex IP Codecs and ISDN codecs.
- Capable of effectively managing your own time as well as managing complex projects and staff to meet cluster objectives.
- Must be able to work well under pressure while remaining calm, day or night and be able to effectively triage in challenging situations with a customer service focus and positive attitude.
- This is an IBEW position that requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior union membership not required.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, and grasp objects and work in a physically active setting.
- General Class FCC license/SBE Certification is a plus. Bachelor's degree or related certifications a plus.
- Valid state driver's license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for emergencies.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.