Fitting Van Specialist-5
About the Job
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A. Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D.
or high school diploma.
PGA Class A member, O.E.M. Vendor training certification a plus.
B. Experience: Three to five (3-5) years of club fitting and golf equipment sales experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of the game of golf and able to evaluate and specialty fit customers
individual needs based off established/proven fitting principles and current advancements
• Able to identify and describe the characteristics of club components, club fitting
fundamentals, the golf club fitting process and various fitting tools used in the industry.
• Effective teacher/trainer and able to work with associates to guide them to learn advance
fitting skills and techniques to provide an enhanced fitting experience.
• Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good
verbal and written communication skills, and communicate well with other associates to
execute company initiatives.
• Analytical: Candidates must have good business skills and be able to develop solutions to
common problems. They must be able to identify opportunities and develop strategies to
increase sales and improve operational processes.
• Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office and the Internet.
• Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to accomplish
several tasks throughout their shifts while taking care of customers.
D. Physical Requirements: Sales Associates must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb
up and down a ladder, move around the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
E. Other: Sales Associates must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work
week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
II. OVERALL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION: Sales Associates champion the PGA TOUR Superstore 'Customer
First' philosophy by providing a world-class shopping experience to each and every customer. Sales
Associates execute the creative vision and merchandising style of our company. They maximize sales by
keeping their areas in stock, properly signed and merchandised, and following all operations processes.
They expand their industry knowledge by learning about our products from our vendors, industry
websites, and other associates.
III. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Fitting Van Specialist's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives the
best service while creating a unique and fun shopping experience. Other responsibilities include:
• Providing outstanding customer service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, aide
customers by ascertaining their needs, and assisting with merchandise selection.
• Coordinate and execute a specialized "TOUR Van" fitting experience, providing an enhanced and
unique illustration of specialty golf club components that are available from key vendor partners.
• Educating customers on club and golf ball technology and quantifying the customers' needs by
determining their level of play, and fitting them to the best and most effective product for them.
• Teach and train other associates on advanced fitting techniques and specialty club components and
• Educating customers on golf club components, characteristics and fitting techniques so that purchase
decisions can be made on desired results and performance expectations.
• As directed assisting with floor moves, implementing merchandising standards, display maintenance,
resets and signing to create and maintain visual merchandising consistency throughout the soft
• Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
• Maintaining a high level of product and industry knowledge by learning about new technologies,
products, and services to pass on to our customers and fellow associates.
• As directed completing work lists and bulletins directives on a timely basis.
• Walking their area(s) daily to correct issues, ensure implementation of merchandising standards,
maintaining a clean and safe shopping environment and suggest improvements to their supervisor.
• Adheres to approved loss prevention programs to minimize inventory shrinkage and to support and
grow the sales/profitability of the store; providing feedback to store leadership on loss prevention
issues/opportunities as needed.
IV. JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Sales Associates work together with all store associates and the leadership team to
cultivate our customers and provide them with an exceptional shopping experience. They help execute
key company initiatives and programs designed to continually improve our merchandise selection and
services offerings to our customers.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.