About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Services Supervisor, the Golf Instructor independently manages their time and client appointment. They work closely with Associates on a daily basis to provide world-class customer service.
Overall Function of this Position:
The Golf Instructor is the store expert related to our mission: "Inspire people to play their best and grow the game." Golf Instructors are responsible for driving the in-store experience by working to grow participation in existing clinics, lesson programs, and in-store events, as well as for developing and executing new programs and events tailored to the store's customer base.
When not actively teaching or promoting our Golf Instruction Programs, the Golf Instructor is expected to work hand-in-hand with store associates to ensure that each customer receives the highest levels of customer service. This includes, but is not limited to, fitting customers for clubs, walking the simulator run and practice bay area offering free swing tips, and ensuring that all customers are receiving the assistance that they need.
Golf Instructor's top priority is to "Inspire people to play their best and grow the game." Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring every customer observed within 10 feet is greeted within 30 seconds.
- Offering a quality of Golf instruction that meets company standards, as outlined in SOP 16-14 "Conducting Customer Lessons".
- Driving Lesson sales and booking % to support stores sales goals in accordance with plans for
instruction & clinics as outlined in the annual store sales plan.
- When not teaching: working on the sales floor, assisting customers and assisting in club fitting.
- Working with the Sales Associates to maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Assisting the Services Supervisor with Instruction Area maintenance and supplies.
- Elevating the entire staff by sharing the knowledge and expertise gained through their
professional experience, product knowledge, and training.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills. They must effectively communicate and implement the best practices and concepts of tennis fundamentals to customers and associates.
- Analytical: Candidates must be able to quickly and completely assess the customer's needs in our high traffic and high tech learning environment.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Organization Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities and accomplish several tasks throughout their shifts, all while providing excellent services to customers.
- Golf equipment sales and club fitting knowledge. Candidates must be able to assist in Associate training and provide expertise during daily operations.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Level 2 PGA Apprentice or equal, with 2 years in Golf Instruction experience.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.