Account Trainee, Gulf States
About the Job
THE JOB / Account Trainee
We are looking for an eager, hard-working trainee to join our events team in Houston, TX! Working as an Account Trainee on the Gulf States client account will include the responsibilities of event planning logistics, customer service, event analysis, fleet management, administrative documents management, and competitive research.
The Event Trainee must be able to prioritize assigned tasks, work under pressure and succeed in a deadline-oriented environment. This is a great opportunity to learn about the industry as a whole and work events at some amazing venues across a five state gulf region.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will interface with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position. The candidate must be able to physically set up activations and stand up to 8 hours at a time.
This is a temporary position with full-time hours, including some weekends, nights, and holiday travel/work. The length of this assignment is approximately six months. Will you be the next member of our team?
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Work with supervisor and determine on-site execution procedures including checklist of site plans, supplies, communications, premiums, etc.
- Help execute on-site activities including set-up, registration, engaging the participants/staffing, premium distribution and event breakdown for 20 events including but not limited to NBA, MLB, NASCAR and festivals.
- Engage: Serve as a marketing ambassador and effectively and enthusiastically communicate brand initiatives and/or product offerings to and with event attendees
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients' industry, brand and product offering
- Create event summaries and market recap documents, including key leanings, strengths, weaknesses and recommendations
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, maintain deadlines, troubleshoot on-site challenges
- and juggle demands
- Day to day contact with client to ensure needs are being met regarding the fleet and all other marketing efforts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 8 hours at a time
- Travel to event sites in the Gulf States Region (TX, AR, MS, LA and OK)
- Other related duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 0-1 years' work or internship experience in events or customer-service oriented role
- You are confident, outgoing, engaging and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Comfortable engaging the consumer at events and presenting ideas to the client
- Strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.