Intern, Footwear Merch - Retail
About the Job
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 13,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Assistin the review of product assortments, ensuring appropriate product positioning and alignment with brand strategies
- Creation and maintenance of quarterly visual sales and merchandising tools for internal and external product presentations
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of seasonal product meetings
- Attend account product and strategy meetings
- Expand business knowledge of US product marketplace and current trends in the footwear industry
- Gain understanding of retail merchandising organizations and processes
- Voice relevant and researched opinions during internal strategic meetings
- Assist with administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) order entry, updating tracking documents/samples, shipping, cataloging samples and filing.
- Managing "Special Make Up" sample products regionally created for various business units and seeing the process from beginning to end
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Excellent quantitative and organizational skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially MS Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy
- Detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and proactive
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- Inquisitive and curious nature
- Ability to collect data, examine it and share an informed conclusion
- Be a team player
- Must be able to work at least 3 days a week starting in January 2019
- Must be a student enrolled in a college degree program
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org