Principal Product Dir, Direct Member & Athlete Svc
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game. Using the power of Nike's digital presence across Nike stores, mobile, and web, the Nike Direct offense strives to meet our consumer personally, wherever they choose to connect with Nike. This team designs experiences that seamlessly connect Nike's digital and physical portfolio to eliminate friction and create distinction in the journey of retail.
As Nike'sPrincipal Product Director, Member & Athlete Services: Nike Expert Sessions you will own the creation of physical + digital experiences for athletes worldwide. You have a passion for bringing these two worlds together to create an experience distinct to Nike, while also eliminating friction points for our consumer and athletes that can be not only felt but measured.
Nike Expert Sessions are Nike's most direct connection to members powered by on demand Nike EXPERTS who provide personalized access to products, guidance, and motivation in an ongoing, digitally powered relationship. Your portfolio of products will support Nike Direct's strategy of connecting with Nike members who seek a deeper level of engagement with Nike Experts and the Nike brand inside our stores. You will partner closely with our retail and brand partners to drive an end-to-end strategy that promotes discovery and engagement, scaling Nike Expert Sessions to select stores globally.
As part of the Nike Direct team, you will lead the end-to-end design, development and delivery of the Nike Expert Sessions roadmap. You will work cross functionally to define the most optimal consumer journey for Nike Expert Sessions, considering the digital, operational and physical dependencies required. You have an analytical mindset and are continually assessing your product for value and prioritizing features to align. You can manage through complex technical challenges and tradeoffs, using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view.
You are a great collaborator - you will proactively build trusting relationships across the Nike Direct organization to launch your product, including functional partners and geography teams. Key internal partners include Nike Direct store design, training & operations, marketing/retail brand, membership, and retail innovation. You can bring these individuals together to define the operational and business process impacts required to bring you product to life.
- Product roadmap definition: Develop a product roadmap based on a clear understanding of consumer needs and in-depth data analysis. Articulate clear value drops and how they impact our consumer and athlete. Drive and prioritize the product roadmap in partnership with other Nike Direct teams and stakeholders.
- Product lifecycle: Own the end to end execution and delivery of a product, working with resources across and outside the organization. Manage delivery challenges and define physical retail pilot/rollout strategies. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live. Work with cross functional teams to evolve and scale a product to achieve desired results.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Develop and measure clear product KPIs, derive key insights, and devise and execute proof-of-concept executions to learn. Develop metrics to measure success and ensure ability for on-going monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting.
- Process. Facilitate process mapping, gap analysis, data analysis to assess business implications of feature, tool, or platform.
- Prioritization: Effectively prioritize product features based on priorities, set clear/measurable objectives and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on product specifications, user stories, manage design challenges and execute agile product delivery.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with both digital and functional teams to bring your product to life. Key partners include Store Design, Training & Operations, Marketing/Retail Brand, Membership, and Retail Innovation. Remove obstacles and help the team navigate and align the organization to optimize success.
- Industry Analysis. Continuously monitor and share emerging technology trends, competitive experiences and best-of-breed physical+digital executions.
- Experienced product leader with 7+ years of digital product background. Proven success stories in launching and scaling customer-facing digital products and features with measurable outcomes. Experience bringing digital experiences to life in a physical retail environment preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction. Examples of successful working relationships and processes with engineering, design and product teams.
- Proven ability to develop effective product specifications, including user stories and detailed requirements. Can visually depict the desired consumer journey to communicate to business, design, and engineering. Ability to develop supporting operational processes and guidelines to support users for on-going delivery.
- Strong analytical skills with supporting examples of using metrics in all aspects of the product lifecycle. Exceptional data analysis skills with hands on experience in feature modeling. Familiarity of relational DB's, Basic SQL and familiarity with BI tools.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task. Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs.
- An assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player.
- Strong passion for creating engaging, compelling retail experiences for consumers and store athletes.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred.
- Ability to work in JIRA, Confluence and Omniture