Communications Mgr, America Brand
About the Job
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
As the Communications Manager for NIKE's Jordan brand, you will support communications across multiple key sport and lifestyle categories in North America. The position supports the development of long-term communications strategies and helps maintain the overall consistency of global storytelling.
The position will play a key role in developing and overseeing communications to support both business and brand objectives. It will help provide strategic vision during the integrated marketing process to positively affect marketing plans, contribute regularly to management discussions and planning about brand development and marketing communications.
The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with numerous internal stakeholders to create assets and resources to communicate the brand message. It will also provide ongoing counsel and media landscape insight to the function. Therefore an ability to strengthen media relationships is essential.
The position will work closely on issues management, messaging, and media management strategy. The candidate therefore requires meaningful experience in reputation and issues management, combined with excellent writing skills. The position will also work closely with Jordan executives and selected spokespeople to train and prepare them for external communications.
As a key member of the North America Marketing Team, an effective candidate will work closely with the marketing managers in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles to ensure overall consistency and maximization of North American Marketing efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Business, or related discipline
- 5 years + professional experience in high profile corporate communications or public relations roles supporting globally branded organizations
- 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Extensive writing experience (company news stories, press releases, briefing books, interview, Q&As, etc.)
- Established media contacts and media influencers
- On-site event experience (e.g. Big media launches, product unveils, press conferences, fashion shows, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with media training
- Deep understanding of evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel industry