About the Job
The Video/Lighting Operator is a full-time, project-based position that should last for approximately 18 months.
Qualifications/RequirementsBasic QualificationsBachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations Management
- Overall camera look and shading for all cameras, both robotic and manned, across multiple studios, rooftop and POV cameras.
- Primary studio lighting responsibility and board programming for all studio sets
- Operation of robotic cameras as needed
- Color correction of all set monitors
- Occasional remote color correction
- Perform other duties as assigned
Two (2) years of related tape experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred
Familiarity with ETC network based lighting control systems
Experience with LED lighting technology including multi-universe DMX addressing for fixed focus and moving lights as well as experience hanging lights and creating cues.
Familiarity with Ross robotic and Ikegami cameras
Familiarity with Telemetrics robotic controls
Proficient with video waveform, vector scopes and camera charts
Capability to create, maintain and adjust lens files as needed
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Must be 18 years or older
Must be willing to work in New York, NY
Ability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Familiarity with NY sports a plus
Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system preferred
Willing to train peers and new hires as needed
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays