About the Job
As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the Facilities crew, under direction of the Facility Manager, with day-to-day operations and upkeep of the complex during Summer Programming at the Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge, TN. This is a paid Internship.
As our Baseball/Softball operations intern, you will:
- Serving as a part of the Summer Intern Class of 2019, learn the facility maintenance aspects of maintaining a premier amateur baseball complex
- Work with part-time facilities employees and other interns to assist in cleaning, trash removal, filling of water coolers, field set-up, and various tasks essential to the operation of the complex
- Learn to safely operate all machinery involved with grounds and field maintenance, including but not limited to; tractors, UTVs, forklift, golf carts, etc.
- Assist Facility Manager and learn the processes involved with the maintenance of 6 artificial turf playing fields
- Inspect all structures and surfaces for player and fan safety, cleanliness, and overall appearance
- Identify issues in routine preventative maintenance in areas such as; HVAC, plumbing, electrical, irrigation, turf, landscaping, and paved surfaces
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants
- Recent graduate or current college student
- Candidates must be available to work from May 20, 2019 to August 9,2 019
- Prior work experience or an interest in a career in Facilities or Grounds Maintenance
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work from mid-May to early August. Work Schedule will vary; nights and weekends will be required based on business needs. Work starting as early as March may be a possibility for the right candidate. Start/end dates can be flexible around class terms.
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions: You may be required to lift up to 70 lbs., may be exposed to dust/dirt at the complex, and may be exposed to extreme hot temperatures.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States