About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
S23NYC is an agile team of engineers, digital designers, data analysts, marketers, and operators focused on reimagining the digital transformation of Nike. The team obsesses how Nike's most dedicated fans unlock, discover, and think about their kicks using digital and mobile experiences. S23NYC is Nike's first digital experience studio and the driving force behind some of the brand's most memorable digital moments. With a passion for sneakers and an emphasis on rewarding the community that loves them, s23NYC builds, designs, and deploys innovative, interactive, and slightly mischievous features for the SNKRS app. The studio, however, is not limited to SNKRS-only experiences and is expanding into new areas ripe for disruption.
As a Program Manager in s23NYC, you will be responsible for establishing an action-oriented program culture and executing on key Studio initiatives. You will partner with a highly skilled team of product managers, engineers and executive stakeholders to deliver an aggressive roadmap with multiple dependencies throughout the organization. You will partner with the studio to set lofty goals, develop comprehensive execution plans, drive alignment across multiple vectors, and deliver results that inspire others to greatness.
• Drive multiple large project teams to successful outcomes, balancing the work of internal teams (product managers, engineers, designers and QA) with the expectations of multiple external stakeholders.
• Partner with product management and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of success criteria and business impact. Leverage this understanding as work is prioritized to insure delivery of the highest priority initiatives.
• You have a deep understanding of what it takes to ship software iteratively in production in collaboration with large engineering and design teams; experienced in guiding scrum and/or Kanban teams through estimating, grooming, retrospectives, user story writing, release planning and other ceremonies
• Develop full program plans including milestones, deliverables, resourcing, dependencies, development, escalation and communication. Effectively and dynamically context switch between the individual task level and high-level program milestones, with the goal of maintaining a consistently up-to-date view that can be conveyed outward.
• Define, execute, and communicate risk management plans with a mindset towards proactive problem solving.
• Familiar with Managing budgets - including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding of deviations.
• Display an understanding of basic technical architecture of software systems, and be able to leverage that understanding in communication
• Rigorously manage scheduling, ensuring tasks are identified and are being resolved, with overall accountability at the program level
• Proactively approach communication with clarity and urgency
• Contribute as a positive team player by always looking for Nike First solutions while recognizing others for their contributions.
• Build partnerships across organizational, departmental, and geographical boundaries with the ability to manage vendors and contractual agreements
• Demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond to deliver results
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in consumer technology
• 5+ years experience in program management, product management or technical leadership
• A passion to deliver world class experiences and products to all athletes*
• Demonstrated ability that reflects a bias towards action and delivering outsized results
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Disposition towards building relationships and leveraging partnerships to navigate complex organizational challenges
• Demonstrated ability to market your ideas and persuasively move others to action
• Comprehensive understanding of release management practices, Waterfall/Agile software development methodologies and domain specific best practices
• Experience working with multiple cross functional teams in delivering large technical infrastructure and consumer initiatives
• Extensive project management experience, developing and managing schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks and change requests
• Comfortable in a very fast-paced, results-oriented team, balancing working in start-up and enterprise environments