Concept Project Coordinator
About the Job
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products' construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
As a Concept Project Coordinator, you will be an essential member of Builder Lab team and critical to supporting the overall strategy of WHQ PCC. In this role you will be responsible for interfacing with key stakeholders to understand the needs of their request, help develop project plans, outline process steps/key dates, and manage project status from concept to sample for your assigned work stream. You will also serve as a conduit of information for key stakeholders internally within the group as well as externally with other business functions. This role requires you to focus heavily on: on time delivery, product specifications, and product performance. To this end you'll:
• Coordinate projects coming into your workstream from stakeholders and team manager.
• Assist with updates, project status, establish project timelines, and stakeholder communication/partnership as requested
• Shepherd projects through designated resources, working to effectively utilize resource (machine/people).
• Partner with functional leads for workflow and resource allocation in the project workstreams
• Vocal about opportunities for improvements and actively participates in improvement activities with team of peers
• Troubleshoots and brainstorms with stakeholders - suggests alternate/innovative ideas
In addition, you will be responsible for preparation of needed documentation for the making processes. This role also requires you to be a peer-leader in the Builder Lab, show up with a point of view, professionally communicate with other team members, and collaborate on opportunities for improvement in the group. Comfort in a fast paced, matrix organization, and proficiency in multi-tasking is essential for you to be successful in this role.
• Bachelor's degree or a minimum 2 years directly relevant work experience in footwear product creation
• Knowledge of the NIKE footwear development process a bonus
• Strong critical thinking and data analysis skills
• Creative problem solving and sound project management skills
• Knowledge of general footwear processes and proficient in at least one functional area
• Provides guidance and acts as a resource for colleagues; May direct the work of other team members
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project Plan or IOS equivalent required
• Experience with 2D/3D CAD/CAM and footwear engineering software - Dimensions! PROCAM preferred