About the Job
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As our Supply Planner for Demand Supply Management (DSM), you'll develop and implement Global Supply Plans utilizing supply planning processes, systems and tools. You will incorporate professional supply planning techniques to drive high levels of planning accuracy and delivery precision.
You'll collaborate on the seasonal and monthly factory load review process which incorporates input from Strategic Sourcing, Nike Liaison Offices, Sourcing/Costing and Global Planning to create consensus capacity and sourcing plans. You will create, revise and communicate Global Supply Plans to ensure NIKE's strategic objectives are met both for Long Range and Short Range supply plans. You will use analysis and data-driven decision making tools for the creation of balanced and executable seasonal supply plans.
You will monitor factory performance and develop knowledge of factory issues, strengths and goals. This involves monitoring and validating factory load plans, order status reports, analyzing and negotiating factory capacity targets, tracking key-styles and communicating issues and recommending solutions to impacted category teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an environment such as Supply Planning, Product Sourcing, Forecasting or Purchase Planning
- 2 years additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Works well with others and able to resolve conflict
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing demands
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Mid-Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with Cognos, SAP and Tableau