Sr Category Analyst Marketplace Analytics
About the Job
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Working in Nike's Marketplace Analytics team will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Nike brand -- everything we stand for: drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to excellence, these all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our analytics team, your contributions will be a big part of our success.
As the APLA Sr. Category Marketplace Analyst (NIKEWOMENS), you will help the team make decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals. You will support leadership to help drive insights and will be the point person on understanding the business.
You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between disparate methodologies. You will need those skills as you work across multiple functions and geographies within Nike's matrixed organization. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, actionable, user-friendly deliverables.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is passionate about working with numbers, who is highly technical but also has strong business acumen. The candidate should be self-driven, proactive and must show the capacity to manage several concurrent tracks of work. Superb teamwork skills are essential as is to communicate complicated ideas and conclusions in simple business terms.
You will be responsible for developing weekly, pre and post season category reporting, providing analysis to anticipate trends and issues in the Category, and identify potential opportunities and/or risks.
• Anticipate trends and issues in the Category to identify potential opportunities or risks
• Quantify short and long term growth opportunities through financial modeling
• Partner with cross-functional partners to deliver an aligned business plan that covers total Category and key items
• Collaborate with key stakeholders in Category and Sales to develop plans to seize the opportunities identified
• Influence the Planning organization to ensure Category insights are appropriately represented in account business plans
• Recap & Facilitate Category Bookings Reviews after deadlines, focusing on overall and seasonal initiative results.
• Track and monitor total Category results, utilizing sell thru data and territory/marketplace/execution recaps
• Review and analyze deviations from plan; identify potential risks or opportunities in the business and deliver actionable recommendations
• Recap & Facilitate Category Marketplace Hind-sighting results for the season and cull insights that will influence Category business direction
• Leverage past seasonal results for current selling season
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics, or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MS/MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required.
• Strong technical and analytical skillset required. Proficient in data wrangling and cleansing, optimization, simulation, and statistical analysis.
• Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, and perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently.
• Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts to senior and business audiences.
• Strong project management experience managing multiple project streams and delivering results across cross-functional teams. Propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented manner.
• Expert skill level in Excel and SQL as well as familiarity with R, SAS, Cognos, or Python. Tableau and familiarity with big data environments is preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new tools quickly and independently.
• Affinity for business reporting, analysis, and working with large amounts of data required.
• Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses, and make recommendations required.
• Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making.
• Ability to develop strong partnerships across a multi-layered organization required.
• Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors, and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
• Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed to accounts is strongly preferred.