Outbound Logistics Product Owner
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As a Product Owner, you will support initiatives that enable Nike to increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build profitable customer experiences. If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the Nike Technology organization. Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer and customer-oriented team. You'll be joining the team that delivers and supports the Logistics Agile Delivery model within Nike's Supply Chain. This organization enables Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Interest and experience in the latest methodologies goes a long way here and we're looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery and support. In addition, you'll get to work within and alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation.
- Leads a product team of 8-10 people utilizing Agile principles
- Understands Customer need by maintaining a close relationship with customers and stakeholders to comprehend and communicate their needs and participate in validation of the solutions
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) planning sessions with the team's Scrum Master, and other Product Analysts to understand the business vision and create plans and objectives for the upcoming PI.
- Work with the team during the PI on the backlog of work for each iteration delivering value in 2-week Agile Sprints.
- Works closely with Product Managers and other Product Owners to understand and communicate product vision, strategy, and roadmaps that are aligned with Nike's strategies and initiatives
- Represents the customer in sprints to the delivery teams and provides sprint prioritization to ensure technology alignment with business priorities & strategies
- Is accountable for what is agreed to work on within a sprint.
- Provides customer service to our technology and business partners for on-boarding, adoption, and documentation.
- Measure and report on the value provided by the Product team offerings and provide regular updates to stakeholders on product priority, delivery, and adoption
- Contributes back to the overall roadmap and prioritized backlog
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- Understanding of SAP AFS, FMS or S4 and experience configuring those systems.
- Knowledge of other technologies used within a supply chain such as warehouse management systems (i.e., Manhattan) and system integration technologies (i.e., Fusion and/or Informatica, Amazon Web Services (AWS)) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years directly relevant work experience with increasing responsibility.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise, and easy-to-read functional documents
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Background in working with business partners
- Proven track record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Flexible, accountable, detail-oriented, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a demonstrated desire for continuous personal growth.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience working with internal and external customers, especially in an enterprise setting