Assistant Golf Professional
About the Job
The Golf Club at Southwind in Garden City, Kansas is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Managed by Troon Prive/Honours Golf, this non-equity private club is the premier golf course in Western Kansas. Qualified candidates should apply immediately for an opportunity to be part of the Golf Club at Southwind team.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Professional:
• Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing.
• Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
• Promotes all club golf activities.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members' scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Follows established opening and closing procedures.
• Assists with associate training.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification for the Assistant Golf Professional:
• Associate's degree (AA); and 2 years experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous golf shop experience preferred.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.