About the Job
Kapalua is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Property Controller in Lahaina, Hawaii. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests
Key Responsibilities of the Property Controller:
• Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting standards.
• Oversees accounting and administrative controls so as to safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft as well as internal fraud.
• Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume forecasts.
• Monitors and coordinates property plans of overall future objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash position, cash management, and capital requirements.
• Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and over/under based on the plan.
• Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
• Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and monthly financial statements.
• Monitors and manages property cash flow and coordinates the appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems exist.
• Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end books and records with the Regional Controller.
• Recommends to management the implementation of policies, procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of current accounting processes.
• Establishes accounting protocols and work flows for the property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon Golf accounting standards.
• Monitors contracts with facility's vendors.
• Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of monthly tax reports.
• Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to include but not limited to: processing invoices, preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and record keeping.
• Responsible for management of capital purchase expenditures and proper recording.
• Reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account and cash banks.
• Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages reporting for union pension/benefits, record keeping, workman's comp and D&O insurance
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Property Controller:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Hospitality Industry a plus.
• Experience with Jonas POS/Accounting software program a plus.