Software Engineer- contract
About the Job
Software engineers (programmers) are an essential part of the game development team. They bring the vision of the artists and designers to life. They design and write the computer code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting any ready-made code libraries and writing custom code as needed. Programmers deal with ever more complex problems including working on creating realistic Artificial Intelligence; believable Physics; delivering a smooth online gaming experience; and delivering intuitive User Interfaces. Programmers also test the code, fix bugs, and develop customized tools for use by other members of the development team. Due to the complexities of game development, engineers tend to specialize in specific areas of programming.
- Works with EA's Online SDKs to program and integrate client/server components of the game
- Architect and develop interfaces to connect the back end and front-end features
- Work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new AAA-quality gameplay features
- Works on logic that drives the progression of game modes e.g. tournament logic, player growth and advancement
- Architecting, implementing and debugging of asynchronous systems
What does EA look for?
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area.
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Experience with agile, scrum processes
- Understanding of client/server architectures
- Experience with Relational Databases; specifically MySQL or SQL.
- Experience developing on the Windows platform
- Experience with scripting languages (specifically ActionScript) and C# is an asset
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- API development and integration
- Willingness and openness to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Able to own features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and drive features to completion
- Comfortable with dealing with multiples concurrent tasks
- Prior experience shipping a console (i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4) game is a plus