Sr Designer - Future Running
About the Job
The Senior Footwear Designer of Future Running plays an integral role in helping set category design vision. Your 3 key areas of focus will be:
60% Inline early start projects: You will work out in front of the inline footwear design team to set the creative direction for key models. Take concepts from idea to inline model with added time to innovate new construction, materials, and process.
20% Inline Track and Field / Raceday: You will be working on elite level race product from the track to field to cross country racing. This involves plate evolution, upper construction, materials and process. This design work will set the overall creative direction for NB racing.
20% Athlete Services: New Balance has an amazing group of athletes including Jenny Simpson, Sydney McLaughlin,and Trayvon Bromell. You will be working directly with these athletes to create customized solutions alongside our engineers and biomechanics experts. Working with these athletes will drive innovation that will be taken into our inline collections.
- Focus on designing innovative products and risk-taking in order to become a catalyst for change
- Redefine footwear visuals and invent new process, materials, and constructions through experimentation and complete through commercialization
- Work closely with the engineering team and the Sport Research Lab to create functional prototypes and specifications to investigate feasibility of ideas and new technology to support the footwear innovation pipeline
- Help create a more creative and positive work environment by mentoring and leading by example
- Adapt your workflow to meet changes in the field, such as working in 3D
- 8+ years footwear design experience
- BA or Master's degree in Industrial design, Fashion design, or related field; Innovation Engineering degree is a plus
- Proficiency in design programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Keynote; Rhino/Modo a plus
- Solid understanding of footwear design, construction, materials, sourcing and commercialization
- Strong skills in core design competencies: color, materials, sketching, concept ideation, presenting, problem-solving
- Passion for market trends
- Some domestic and international travel, including Asia development trips
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.