Accounting Dir, Source To Pay Operations
About the Job
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As the Global Director for Digital Controlling, you will be responsible for all dimensions of the Controllership function for this dynamic and complex area of the business and will lead teams in the design, implementation and support of effective and sustainable controlling models and processes to enable ongoing growth and strategy as Nike's Digital Commerce, Sport and Brand businesses expand and scale to enable NIKE, Inc.'s growth trajectory.
You'll actively collaborate and partner with digital leadership teams and cross functional teams throughout NIKE as digital strategies are executed by vetting and communicating all relevant technical accounting, control and operational considerations. You will be the digital controlling subject matter expert as the organization executes digital strategies globally through investment in Consumer Digital Technology, Digital Sourcing & Manufacturing, Digital Commerce Operations and Logistics. You will also play a key role in the controlling advisement to the business in its management of the Global Digital Direct to Consumer marketplace. You will participate as a key member of the Global Brand Division Controlling Leadership team to lead, coach, drive and inspire the leadership bench.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise the organization on the technical accounting implications of business decisions including internally developed software capitalization, revenue recognition, multiple element revenue arrangements, equity investments, embedded leases, variable interest entity considerations, and tangible and intangible capital investments.
- Lead and influence teams in the development and execution of the controlling engagement model, accounting processes and an effective internal control structure around the digital businesses, strategies and related transaction streams.
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire teams to personally and collectively develop and deliver an optimal and sustainable controlling model for NIKE's digital businesses.
- Partner with strategic and business planning counterparts to provide input in the budgeting and forecasting process and the review of operational results. Educate business partners on financial accounting and reporting implications of business decisions.
- Manage coordination within NIKE's complex operational and legal entity structure and work closely with cross-functional counterparts to develop and maintain processes as needed to handle new transaction streams.
- Be part of the larger NIKE Finance and Controlling Organization to develop, embrace and deliver best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 10+ years' extensive experience in public accounting, transaction services/financial business process consulting, industry controlling
- 2+ years' proven people management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership team
- Strong ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Strong ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers
- Excellent understanding and application of managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as innovation, inspiration, employee development, coaching and engagement
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check
- An MBA (with a concentration on Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field) or CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, business processes and strategic planning is strongly preferred
- Experience with accounting fore-commerce or other front end customer-facing interactiontechnology a plus