Mobile Quality Engineer
About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
Nike Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. Nike Digital inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport's top stories, the world of Nike Digital is leveling the playing field like nothing before.
We're passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways
to encourage growth. We are inspired by the Nike legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our
vision is to build and deliver extraordinary Nike platforms, services, and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Demonstrates brand passion
- Champions and embraces change
- Makes good decisions
- Delivers results
- Takes action with integrity
- Communicates effectively
As a Quality Engineer on the Nike Digital Mobile Quality team, you'll find yourself immersed in fast-paced projects crossing a wide range of technologies and experiences. We'll ask you to take a strong, consumer-focused view of every deliverable and, through collaboration, be responsible for consistent and reliable delivery of awesome software solutions.You'll focus on defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, evaluating and reporting on the quality of
existing technologies and new features in Nike's rapidly evolving ecosystem.
You'll need to be flexible and adaptable because our world changes daily; you will spend most of your time embedded on a small, strike force team solving a business problem but you'll also bring great experience and motivation to the whole quality organization. You will be passionately pragmatic, sincerely savvy and a world-class diplomat capable of negotiation,
reinvention, and smart compromise.
You may also be required to:
- Engage Product, Program, Engineering, and Design teams to design test strategies, influence unit and integration testing conducted by engineering teams, and compose test plans for automated, manual, and performance tests executed by Quality teams for targeted mobile experiences
- Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
- Conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation which results in the reduction of defects released into production, improves app store ratings, and enhances consumer experience
- Train and motivate teams of peers, engineers, or others to execute on the test plans and strategies that you define
- Review software design, change specifications, and plans against process requirements
- Support Site Reliability and engineering teams with problem triage and resolution
- Perform or direct verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability
- Participate in bug scrubs and prioritization sessions
- Develop metrics and reports to share with cross-functional teams and Nike leadership
- Regularly update peers, stakeholders, and leaders on goals, key performance indicators, and outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in a software QA engineer role
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, including experience working
- in an Agile development environment
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and debugging tools, including
- Charles Proxy, Xcode, Android Studio, ADB, Logcat
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant
- data for test reporting
- Knowledge of test automation and performance testing on mobile platforms
- Exposure to a "pixel perfect" brand-focused organization is a plus
- Self motivated, independent, and proactive
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience.