About the Job
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As a Finance Manager, you'll participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments and provide input into business unit planning. You'll develop internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and improve business unit responsiveness; prepare and distribute timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to determine progress against strategic plan, budget, forecast, and to support external financial decisions. You'll actively interpret and review financial results with business leaders, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
- Participating in an assigned Nike Finance business project which requires research, analysis, benchmarking, and presentation to leadership with future focused next step recommendations.
- Performing analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve profitability. This may include analysis on new business opportunities, which include scenario and investment analysis.
- Monitor progress against budgets/targets and work with managers to ensure accountability; and working capital is efficiently and effectively being used.
- Develop and monitor metrics focused on P&L, balance sheet, and free cash flow.
- Participate in the strategic business planning process from a financial perspective; generate budgets that incorporate strategic business plan objectives with appropriate assumptions.
- Execute the monthly forecasting process for assigned division, category, gender group, or cost center.