Software Engineer II
About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
As a Senior Software Engineer joining the Nike Digital team, you will bring a passion for creating highly engaging, high quality applications with the potential to reach millions of consumers through the Nike brand. You will join a team of other engineers, product owners, and project managers to develop and grow the Nike.com website. Our team is responsible for multiple aspects on and within Nike.com site.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues.
- Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements.
- Write automated unit/E2E tests to validate code changes, and manually test those changes in an integrated environment.
- Debug issues found during testing and from the production environment.
- Be an active participant in team meetings and process improvement.
- Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
- Suggest and implement ways to improve code base.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred)
- 4+ years' experience as a highly productive developer with front-end technologies
- DevOps mentality of following code through production operation and troubleshooting issues during and following release
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business and technical teammates
- Full-stack front-end developer with experience in React/Redux, Express, Node.js
- Knowledgeable with version control systems (Git) and issue tracking tools (JIRA)
- Experience with TDD, which may include Mocha, Chai, Sinon, etc.