Sr Software Eng Data & Analytics Cloud Platform
About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
At Nike, we are fueled by insights from athletes and we create products that elevate human potential on a global scale. At Nike Technology, we enable Nike's businesses and brands worldwide.
We are building petabyte-class solutions that consume fast moving streams from eCommerce, retail and partner channels and power the critical decisions that drive our business.
You will be building the Cloud Platform for Data and Analytics on AWS that fuels Nike's digital transformation. Focus areas include:
- Data Streaming / Enrichment / Business Rules / MDM
- Data Lake / Warehousing
- Data Governance / GDPR / SOX
- Data Strategy / Unified Access / IAM / RBAC
We're hiring great Engineers with talent and persistence who can leverage their existing skills and learn new ones. You should have most of the specific technical skills we're looking for and be expert enough in one or two to help ramp others quickly.
- Be a great teammate on an agile/SCRUM team that sets and meets aggressive goals.
- Mentor new and less experienced developers to advance their proficiency.
- Leverage expert development skills and solid design skills to deliver reliable, scalable, performant solutions with modern tooling, data structures and algorithms.
- Work with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers to:
- Break Epics into Stories
- Sequence stories within increments
- Size/estimate stories & increments
- Execute POC's that prove capability and mitigate risk
- Code solutions with deployment and automated test
- 5+ years developing software systems that operate at scale
- 2+ years developing Platforms on a commercial cloud
- Expert with 2+ OO/functional languages
- 2+ years developing REST APIs and web services
- 2+ years with modern CI/CD patterns (e.g. Blue/Green)
- BS/MS in CS, a related field or equivalent experience
- Amazon/ AWS/ Linux/IAAS
- Kafka / KSQL / Lenses
- Snowflake / S3
- Okta / IAM integration
- Java, Golang, Python, Shell
- Distributed systems
- coPetabyte class data problems