Technical Developer II
About the Job
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products' construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
The Apparel Technical Developer II coordinates the fit and construction from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned styles to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals. Collaborate with design, product management, merchandising, PCC , materials and manufacturing, to effectively execute on product development & fit goals deliverables.
You will also create and revise Tech Pack for assigned styles and ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes. In addition, the Technical Developer II will execute fit and construction standards for a category or product group to ensure consistency. You will track and facilitate prototyping for styles; identify and address key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product. Monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a general posting for current and future Apparel Technical Developer II positions. Please apply to this position for consideration across multiple Categories.
- Bachelor's degree in apparel design, pattern making, textile science or related field. Two years additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years technical development experience in the apparel industry, which includes the apparel development process from inception through production (pattern making, grading, construction, materials, costing, manufacturing and quality).
- Strong problem solving, organization and communication skills.
- Experience interpreting design intent, offering alternative solutions, and acting as a technical resource.
- Experience writing product specs and construction standards instructions.
- Experience working with factory vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Must be a self-starter.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex/Browzwear) highly desired. Proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international).