About the Job
The Atlanta Dream is currently seeking a Vice President of Corporate Sponsorships.
The core responsibility of the VP will be to work directly with team leadership and on all corporate sales initiatives. The VP, Corporate Partnerships is a valuable and senior member of the team responsible for generating revenue through corporate partnerships. The VP will work closely with the Team President to conceptualize and execute regional and national sponsorship programs that maximize profit margins and revenue targets. The candidate must be a solutions-focused seller with a proven track record of closing five & six figure clients. The VP will have day-to-day responsibility for the department and associated budgets.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
6+ years of sales experience, with a preference of sports sponsorships or integrated partnership sales.
Must be a sophisticated and consultative seller with ability to pivot when needed to fit a client’s need.
Proven track record of outstanding sales achievement, including an ability to land new, five and six figure clients and an ability to renew and upsell existing clients.
Creative-minded and solutions-focused, with the ability to think strategically and tactically.
An affinity or knowledge of women’s professional basketball preferred, but not required.
Regional & national travel required.
Must be able to develop deep, collaborative relationships with key personnel, including revenue team, partnership solutions, marketing, finance, etc.
Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
Attend meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
Thrive in a team environment.
Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Game night assistance.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential element at a high level. The employee must also have the following qualifications:
· College Degree (Sport Marketing/Business/Marketing ideal) with 6+ years of practical experience in sports sponsorships
· Experience or general knowledge of sales tactics and client management
· Computer knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) with Adobe Photoshop graphic design experiences a plus
· Attention to detail is critical
· Strong organization and strong communication skills – writing skills are especially important
· Ability to properly prioritize and multi-task
· Must be able to work with many different personality types
· Be comfortable working in an intense and fast paced environment
· Time management
· Self-motivated and results driven
· Able to work all home games and corporate special events – including nights, weekends and holidays
· Able to stand for extended periods of time
Environment Work Conditions:
Normal office environment. No unusual circumstances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.