About the Job
The Touchscreen Developer creates and modifies touchscreen projects in VizArtist 3.X. They are involved in all the phases of the creative process: Analysis, Definition, Organization, Development, Delivery, and Support. It is his/her responsibility to communicate what the graphical requirements are for the development of touch applications, and to provide a timeline of how long a project would take. They will assure the quality of their work by thoroughly testing before release to production. They report directly to the Director of Real-Time Systems and work in partnership with the Graphics Producer and Programmer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand project stakeholder's goals, requirements, and schedule.
- Document needs of Production.
- Identify needs to perform and deliver project successfully.
- Document requirements and track schedule throughout the entirety of the project.
- Collaborate with team to create workflow and delivery schedules programmers and production.
- Review progress and test work at each milestone and inform necessary parties should the project be falling behind. Identify additional needs that may be needed for the successful completion of the project.
- Oversee delivery of initial project launch and gather feedback for final adjustments.
- Test all functionality of the created touchscreen applications.
- Participate in post-mortem with project and Production personnel to discuss issues, areas of improvement, and future improvements of project.
- Analysis - Understand project stakeholders goals, requirements, and schedule
- Definition - Identify the graphical needs of a project and their functionalities
- Organization - Collaborate with team to create documentation and schedules for the artists and programmers
- Development - Develop touchscreen applications using VizRT and internal scripting. Thorough testing of the template.
- Delivery - Oversee delivery of initial project launch and gather feedback for final adjustments
- Support - Oversee the final product as it is on-air. Identify requests and needs of producers, graphic operators, and other personnel involved in the production process
- 3+ years using VizArtist
- Experience creating a package from inception to delivery
- Maintaining current standards in managing files in the Graphics Hub
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and odd hours
- Broad knowledge and experience in television production environment
- Above average skills in Excel, Word, Photoshop
- Excellent skills in communication, reasoning skills, time management, common sense
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written
- General knowledge of types of insert graphics elements, graphics terminology, and football