Assistant Golf Professional
About the Job
Calvert Crossing Golf Club in Calhoun, LA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Professional:
• Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing.
• Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
• Promotes all club golf activities.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members' scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Follows established opening and closing procedures.
• Assists with associate training.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification for the Assistant Golf Professional:
• Associate's degree (AA); and 2 Years Teaching Experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PGA/LPGA Member or Apprentice preferable
• Golf Genius knowledge preferable