Global Apparel Designer
About the Job
This Apparel Designer will be responsible for the design of seasonal collections consistent with DC Shoes direction. Concept original product design through mood boards, flats and illustrations. Partner with all internal cross-functional teams with fittings, tech packs, sales meetings, line prep, and special project preparation.
- Undertake market research and analysis using key accounts, media, shopping, internet, travel etc. to establish key style, color & textile concepts for upcoming seasons.
- Performance and appeal to targeted consumers
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs
- Responsible for all material selection, color details, all styling details, and developing graphic artwork for branding and packaging
- Create computer design: sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards
- Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details
- Present product at 2D meetings and sales meetings
- Collaborate with garment techs to develop and approve the best fit and construction for seasonal products.
- Liaise regularly with Development, Merchandisers, Project Managers and Design Director to ensure alignment.
- Review all details on prototypes with merchandising team and design team. Share responsibility with teams for final product result
- Adhere to product calendar to meet regional due dates
- Timely completion of Matrices and Tech Packs
- Attend relevant trade shows
- R&D destinations
- 5+ years of design experience
- Mac design experience in Creative Suite
- Ability to develop and present product presentations for large groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to recognize trends, conceptualize ideas and design products.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from teams to create a presentation to solidify an order.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Strong sense of color and design.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Confidence to work with others in a creative environment
- Display passion and motivation.
- Experience with PLM systems a plus