Jr. Apparel Graphic Designer
About the Job
Contribute to the design of printable graphics for Global DC apparel and footwear, as briefed in by global design direction, delivering on specific account, channel and consumer needs to create channel segmentation and account differentiation. Contribute to overall design intent and art creation for the seasonal ranges.
- Create graphics for the global printable range, trims, prints and special projects for the DC Shoes apparel brand.
- Execute prints, graphic art in line with the vision for DC Shoes' global apparel and footwear seasonal direction.
- Build and engineer patterns in repeat and full tech to apply across all categories of the range, and in format for all regional and external team members to apply to their specific needs.
- Collaborate with the Global Design Director on establishing key seasonal product stories.
- Design and Create into identified opportunities as architected in the range as well as bring consumer relevant ideas and concepts to the table.
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance margin requirements
- Work closely with development in reviewing prototypes, strike offs, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct information to suppliers
- Work with development and technical design to ensure that all information on Line Plan, PLM, and catalog, are all correct and up to date.
- Identifying and executing color pallet / combinations, print, graphic and art opportunities resulting in increased revenue and sell-through for the brand.
- Assist the Global Design Director with various projects
- Degree in graphic design / or equivalent experience in apparel graphic design.
- 3+ years in apparel graphic design, including textile design, with strong working knowledge of product design and development.
- Ability to create and implement consumer relevant prints, art and graphics.
- Ability to identify key marketplace trends and opportunities that are consistent with brand values and design aesthetic.
- Knowledge of product development process, calendar and timelines.
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive with a solution / result oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Effective communication with internal teams, vendors and partners to insure timely delivery of quality product.
- Design and product development knowledge across accessory and footwear categories.
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables.
- Must be MAC computer literate in Applications - Adobe Illustrator, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with apparel design.
- Experience with PLM systems.