App Lead Content Author
About the Job
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
At Nike, we see our Operations function as a source of competitive advantage. As the App Lead Content Author for North America Digital Commerce, you'll manage all aspects of content production for the Nike App/NTC/NRC Apps. You'll focus on authoring content utilizing our CMS and tools, striving to reflect Nike's design ethos and enhance the consumer online retail experience. You'll collaborate with Merchandisers, Digital Brand, and Operations teams to ensure content meets quality standards and business expectations. You'll partner with UX and Technical production to understand technical needs to deliver efficient and strategic merchandising solutions. You'll also maintain project documentation and specifications for integration into our evolving Digital Commerce standards.
You will support the Content Authoring Sr Operations Manager and Authoring Traffic Manager to ensure the delivery of a seamless digital experience.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work independently in pacing and balancing workload in conjunction with production ("work back") schedules of multiple projects with similar and tight deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate closely with the digital brand teams, App business teams, merchandising and operations to deliver a world-class experience.
- Communicate status of projects to all stakeholders regularly and track stakeholder feedback
- Assist in the development and documentation of Digital Commerce standards and best practices to streamline operations, communication, and appropriate use guidelines (content module naming conventions, page types, etc.)
- Create and maintain training tools/on-boarding documentation and lead new author on-boarding.
- Perform QA for new content and User Acceptance Testing for project implementations.
- Drive seasonal/weekly projects with cross-functional teams to ensure content delivery timelines are met
- Align with broader operations team to execute cross-channel initiatives
- Partner with Global Ops/Authoring teams to drive business & operational ideas for technical and process updates.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Design or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years' directly relevant work experience including 1-2 years web design or CMS authoring/management experience
- Preferred experience with content localization management systems
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and reliably meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new priorities
- Detail orientation and intrinsic passion toward site success and high-quality delivery
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Logical reasoning, troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence