Sr Scrum Master Technology
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
The SAP Platform, Automation and Engineering (SAPAE) team needs a passionate, strong and agile-minded Scrum Master who will lead self-organizing and self-managing teams working on Portfolio and global Transformational Initiatives by applying and optimizing Agile/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices to maximize team performance and effectiveness.
- Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team's needs.
- Ensures the team is practicing Agile principles.
- Partners with, coaches and supports the Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
- Facilitates all of the Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos).
- Establishes, tracks and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management and any impacted stakeholders.
- Facilitates alignment and assiststhe Product Owner and Delivery Teamswith making appropriate commitments.
- Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team's ability to deliver commitments.
- Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress.
- Collaborates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution.
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
- Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainablecadence.
- In-depth understanding of Agile and SAFe principles and how they're applied in workplace culture.
- Ability to handle challenging situations often seen with teams practicing Agile/SAFe principles.
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management.
- Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills.
- Experienced planning and delivering work across multiple delivery teams/release trains.
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team's ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience supporting or leading a team.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools.
- Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Relevant certification in the field preferred (examples below)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM I)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Agile Scrum Master (ASM)
- Scrum Master Certified (SCM)
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification