Sr Cyber Threat Analytics Eng
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
We are always on the offense at Nike, and we are looking for a talented and energetic self-starter with a passion for analytics and security to join our growing Cyber Threat Analytics team. As an Senior Cyber Threat Analytics Engineer, you will shape the future of security analytics and cyber threat detection at Nike within Corporate Information Security. Nike's Technology organization blends engineering and process expertise into streamlined consumer- and customer-oriented solutions for our $30B+ business, enabling Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide.
As an Senior Cyber Threat Analytics Engineer, you will lead data-driven security at Nike and perform analytics on a multi petabyte platform. You will perform root cause analysis and implement leading-edge approaches to identify malicious and suspicious behavior. You will identify real-time and persistent threats to Nike using data modeling techniques. You will also help manage a portfolio of technology partners and solutions to keep Nike's security posture responsive.This role is perfect for a team player with strong security analytics experience, curiosity, and communication skills. You must be a proven problem solver, adept at making good decisions under pressure, comfortable with cross-functional and distributed teams, and flexible with changing priorities.
The Senior Cyber Threat Analytics Engineerwill elevate security analytics at Nike by distilling complex analytical concepts to business and technical audiences alike using clear, eye-catching visualizations. You will enable a culture of data-driven decision making by rising above the numbers and explaining insights to business users. You know how to minimize complexity and focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of information security standards, principles, and practices
- Computer programming and/or scripting languages (Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience with massive log aggregation and analysis
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding security policy and standards violations, security controls failure and incident response situations
- Ability to assess and communicate risk within a business context
- Passion for Nike, for security, and a drive for continuous learning
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
- Understanding of network, desktop and server technologies
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Five years of information technology experience with preferred three years in an information security-related role
- Certified Administrator/Architect of a big data search platform (Splunk, Devo)
- Database administration
- Experience leveraging automated server configuration tools (such as Puppet or Chef)
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
- SIEM experience preferred
- Forensics, incident response, SOC or cyber intelligence experience a plus