Manager, Portfolio Execution
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As the Manager for Portfolio Execution in CIS, you willbe a leaderin the NIKE Technology Corporate Information Security group and support NIKE's Corporate Information Security programs. The successful candidate will bring a high level ofpassion and vision for building the vision and direction of the Corporate Information Security group, and a drive for supporting the development of those visions. A solid communications foundation is a must, and we are looking for a person who is passionate about working the details to ensure our organization operates effectively. In addition, you'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation.
Portfolio Execution Leadership
- Accountable for the near-term (1-year) execution of the CIS-wide portfolio, including clear definition of committed milestones, timely reporting of progress and risks to leadership, and strong coordination across stakeholders.
- Identify, define, and inspire CIS teammates to deliver against the portfolio objectives critical to our success
- Identify program requirements from key stakeholders (LT, MT, & SME's) to ensure that programs are appropriately staffed and supported in their delivery
- Act as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects' cost, schedule and / or performance. Able to provide clear prioritization to team members.
- Chairs program steering committee meetings.
Builds and leads the team of skilled portfolio and program managers, to ensure the following:
- Work with all groups within the organization to ensure objectives and scope are aligned and integrated with unified strategy, working with functional leads to put in place goal-delivering plans.
- Owns the business case for the Portfolio, establishes and maintains cross functional and regional coordination
- Organization, Planning and Execution: Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives operating within financial and resource constraints; Manages project dependencies within the program and builds the program team.
- Ensures vendor contracts, relationships, performance, and communications are well managed.
- Drive continual improvements and optimizations to business processes and alignment
- Passion for connecting CIS services and mission to the core Nike business units
- Highly skilled in both verbal and visual high-profile communication
- Deep understanding of the complex multi-functional environment of Nike, with ability to build connections, influence, and alignment with your partners
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Ability to define clear objectives and priorities for the team, including willingness to prioritize the most impacting elements.
- Vision for leading and uniting the team around the CIS and Nike missions, staying anchored in what we stand for and helping other teams succeed
- Intrinsically inspired by the power of the Brand - celebrate and share our wins!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years project/program management experience delivering global or multiple regional projects experience with formal project management methodology.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the athletic industry, as well as sport and cultural trends in the marketplace
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to influence and motivate others in a cross-functional team (both directly and indirectly)
- Ability to establish an independent view, while effectively collaborating with peers in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience creating and presenting campaign reports including ROI and conversion rates
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as information-seeking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to drive recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel; Mac skills also highly preferred