Lead Automation Engineer
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
As our Senior Automation Engineer your role on the team will include leading and delivering engineering that defines the architecture for configuring and automating our content and delivery network. We need someone with a strong Web Infrastructure background and an eye towards automated software engineering and continuous delivery. You will be a senior member on Web Infrastructure team that supports nike.com, a hybrid operations team running very high-profile brand, commerce, and community websites.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 6 years of directly applicable work experience. 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning Automation solutions
- Strong knowledge of Content Delivery Services such as Akamai
- Strong knowledge of Apache web server configurations
- Experience with at least one scripting language; Python, Ruby, and Perl preferred
- Experience with at least one object-oriented programming language; Java and Go preferred
- Knowledge & experience around design of large scale monitoring systems
- Familiarity with Puppet or Chef
- Experience in automated testing
- Familiarity with Terraform a plus
- Familiarity with TCP/IP stack, security practices, and load balancers
- Experience in HA environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills (multi-tasking), and self-motivated
- Experience with Infrastructure security a plus
- AWS experience in build and deploy a plus