Sr Demand Planner
About the Job
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As a Senior Demand Planner in Demand and Supply Management (DSM), you will be responsible for developing and maintaining seasonal plans that accurately reflect consumer demand. The information and analysis you develop will guide active collaboration among cross-functional team members and regional planners to establish alignment on the demand plan. Your analysis and recommendations will be key to drive planning decisions during all phases of seasonal product creation. You will consistently analyze market and product trends and incorporate them within forecasting techniques to best balance risk and opportunity.
You will determine objective style forecasts based on merchandising assortment plans, statistical forecasting inputs, and historical trends. You will develop detailed style demand and inventory plans in relationship to category revenue/profitability targets with accountability to articulate and solve for risks and opportunities. You will manage the planning processes to meet multi-season calendar timelines, ensure data integrity and continually improve forecast accuracy. You will work with cross-functional team members to develop improved, integrated cross-functional processes.
In addition, you'll provide technical process and systems expertise to others and participate in special projects. You will also have the opportunity to coach, mentor and train other planners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or related field
- 5 years of directly relevant work experience
- Experience with forecasting, buying/inventory planning and/or control processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Demonstrated experience influencing people and teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Detail oriented and self-motivated, with strong organizational skills (multi-tasking)
- Experience with SAP/APO, Cognos or other advanced planning systems is preferred
- Experience in a wholesale apparel, footwear or equipment organization is preferred