Associate Merchant, Foot Inc.
About the Job
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As an Associate Marketplace Merchant, you assist in creating a consumer insight driven account assortment plan. This associate merchant ensures the brand and category vision comes to life for the consumer. The Marketplace Merchant adapts and scales the global category module grids for the Geography from Channel/Tier to account catalyzing concept through rest of fleet.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Drive seasonal integration strategies with Marketing, Sales and Category to deliver against a consumer led flow.
- Delivers a seamless, premium and effective consumer journey across all doors.
- Partners with Category and Integrated account team to ensure the assortment strategy aligns to the consumer demand.
- Works with Merchant Lead to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Work directly with the retailer throughout the GTM process (alongside sales) in order to land the seasonal consumer right assortment.
- Compiles channel, tier, and account insights & capacity & determines account differentiation needs.
- Shares Geo seasonal channel, account, banner strategies & assortment to Sales.
- Assists in Geo hindsighting & adopts assortments as needed.
- Communicates assortments & investments plans for Best Expression assortments, where applicable.
- Review bookings of MCA & BE assortments against KPI targets at channel/account level.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 3-4 years' experience in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation, and/or retail, in a vertical, digital, or wholesale environment
- Understanding of retail, digital and profit based metrics
- Energetic, creative thinker with a strong ability to lead and influence teammates.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven storytelling capabilities
- Assortment planning experience
- Strong understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
- Expertise in Keynote/PowerPoint
- Candidate must be willing to travel 15-20% of the time