Event Sales Consultant
About the Job
The Event Sales Consultant (ESC) is responsible for selling the exciting experience of Topgolf and work directly with our guests to build their perfect event. The primary focus for the ESC will be developing a partnership with our SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) clients from an inbound and outbound perspective. The ESC is expected to continually build these relationships through networking in the community.
Topgolf participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strives to deliver an unparalleled guest experience from inquiry stage to post-event follow up.
- Partners with team to foster a “fun” and engaging work environment, leading by example.
- Open and eager to learn new sales skills.
- Works in collaboration with other departments.
- Proactively strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization.
- Works to ensure all organization objectives assigned by Sales leadership are completed in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement and communicates them clearly with the Sales leadership
- Works in tandem with Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for ALL events. This includes all communication on any changes/updates to events and any specific needs for a successful event based on the guests expectations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies such as Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, etc. to drive awareness of the Topgolf brand, as directed.
- Flexible hours, works evening and weekend shifts when social walk-in business is frequent.
- 1+ year(s) of sales experience required, industry experience strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
- Working knowledge of CRM programs
- Strong interpersonal, people and communication skills to include the ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Solid organizational and project management skillsets
- Capable of managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously, while remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent pace and energy, self-motivated
- Strong ability to establish working relationships with all employees, management and vendors and ability to maintain and project professionalism, internally and externally, at all times
- Exercises good judgment in decision making
- Flexible in approach; can readily adapt to business and team needs and changes
- Excellent self accountability for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Process-oriented, highly organized, fast and accurate, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint