Marketing Insights Analyst - Latin America
About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The NBA is seeking a Marketing Insights Analyst to join the Latin America Marketing team. This role calls for someone who is passionate about identifying consumer/fan needs and behaviors. This role will plan, execute and conduct a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative studies that provide actionable insights to inform commercial decisions. You will work across the company, including members of the Global Partnerships, Global Media Distribution and Retail/Licensing functions, and will use a broad range of research techniques (e.g. surveys, focus groups, etc.) to gain insights that will help ensure we are creating compelling experiences for NBA fans/consumers.
Lead agency management in LATAM, liaising with social media, creative, PR and other agencies as appropriate Examine media market conditions to determine the best sales strategy and core fan monetization Analyze data on consumer and competitors Assist and coordinate the NBA's Fan Engagement program and data collecting in the region Support NBA Marketing Partners marketing campaign and social media activation across LATAM Develop effective cross-channel social media optimization and monetization strategies Assess what fans/consumers want of the NBA in the market (Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina) Execute and monitor marketing plans providing direction and advice to reach target audience Coordinate and analyze research in LATAM to provide reports and strategy based on key findings Perform competitive analysis to identify growing opportunities in the territory Monitor NBA's digital Landscape in LATAM and provide reports and growth strategies based on findings Prepare briefs and commissioning research Produce detailed reports and present results Manage, track and provide social media and digital metrics
- A strong track record in marketing analysis
- Strong project management skills to effectively manage multiple on-going projects
- Ability to digest large quantities of data and concisely articulate creative and brand concepts from that data
- Strategic Thinker - able to develop strategies and transform hypothesis on actionable insights
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong acumen for business development with the ability to identify opportunities
- Ability to work independently, as well as ability to work with others as part of cross-functional, matrix global organization
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English required
- Minimum of 5 years of Marketing analysis experience
- Experience managing a brand's marketing activity outside the U.S.
- Experience in Financial controlling and coordinating budgets and Marketing agencies relationship.
- Experience in Data Collecting Marketing activities with a success record of customer monetization
- Strong experience creating, planning, and managing all aspects of a marketing plans (event, media, advertise, communication, social media, mobile, etc.)
- Experience navigating an international environment with different cultures and personalities
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sport Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising, Economics
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Business Development, Advertising, Project Manager, Marketing, Sales, Technology