About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The WNBA is looking for a Creative Director to spearhead the creative development process and help establish a consistent, ownable brand vision and voice for the league. This hands-on role will oversee internal design projects from concept to completion. Responsibilities will cover design, video and copy work, with the support of an agency, designer and videographer. The Creative Director will be a key part of a small, agile team within the NBA organization that is working to define and refine the WNBA brand in today's sports and pop culture landscape.
- Oversee the development and execution of creative and content assets for use across digital, social, and broadcast channels at the national and local level.
- Handle heavy copy workload, overseeing creation of engaging headlines and accompanying copy for multiple social and digital posts daily
- Manage quality control of all creative assets and social media.
- Ensure brand standards are enforced throughout the organization and in team markets
- Constantly hone the WNBA brand look and voice in unique and innovative (and fun) ways
- Collaborate closely with Content Strategy and Marketing to set direction for content and creative year-round and to manage daily workflow of creative/copy
- Provide copy and creative support for teams, ensuring consistent voice and brand across local assets
- Oversee hiring and/or work of freelancers for creative and copy development throughout the year
- 5-8 years of design at a creative or branding agency
- An understanding of, and active interest in branded content
- Skill and experience writing engaging copy and/or headlines that pull people in
- Extremely creative, with a distinct voice and a portfolio that shows an aesthetic that aligns with the WNBA brand
- Knowledge of design best practices, particularly for social media, understanding of what it takes to create effective, engaging creative for each platform
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment, juggling multiple projects on overlapping deadlines
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, eagerness to push the league's creative boundaries
- Bachelor's Degree Required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Manager, Content Strategy, Branding, Management, Marketing