Sr/MKTG Coord-Golf Tournament & Ancillary Events
About the Job
THE JOB / Senior/ Marketing & Communications Coordinator, (Golf Tournament and Ancillary Events)
Our Events team is looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator or Senior Marketing & Communications Coordinator who will collaborate with our event staff in the day-to-day preparation and execution of a world-class LPGA Golf Tournament in Indianapolis, IN. You'll help out on a full field annual LPGA event, hosted at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway golf course the Brickyard Crossing, as we partner to raise funds and awareness for important causes aimed at attracting, developing and retaining women and girls into tech related careers. You'll oversee the marketing and execution of ancillary events, as well as the development and implementation of marketing plans, media days and community outreach surrounding the events. This opportunity is for you if you're someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of marketing, communications, and special events - detail orientation, organization, deadlines, problem solving and multi-tasking.
Our Events team is a dynamic group of professionals that run world class events around the country. Our model is to create and produce successful, sustainable events by merging sports, entertainment, culinary and arts with philanthropy in markets that recognize the importance of cultural enhancements in the development of the quality of life in its community. We first set out to understand the marketplace and, by leveraging these insights, we craft a week-long series of events that bring the sponsoring brands to life and elevate a region for years to come.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead community outreach to create and implement in market promotional programs for the golf tournament and its ancillary programs
- Oversee development and implementation of Media Plan and fulfill all elements of each partnership including:
- Compile and maintain up-to-date local and national media lists, communicating with them throughout the year
- Identify and implement effective social media campaigns including interactive elements
- Establish effective media relationships on a local and national level to secure coverage from a wide range of mediums
- Work with News Editors and Sports Editors to secure coverage from all local mediums
- Write and distribute press releases throughout year
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of the Tournament Pro-Am including communication, pairings, and operational logistics
- Facilitate all tournament merchandising, volunteer uniforms, pro-am gifts, staff uniforms, etc.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field and/or
- 0-1 year experience working a marketing capacity within the events and/or golf industry at the coordinator level
- 2-3 years' experience working in a marketing capacity within the events and/or golf industry at the senior coordinator level
- Interest in events and event management as a long-term career
- You have excellent command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress and social platforms
- You are a polished communicator, both written and verbal
- You are a problem solver, demonstrate initiative, present a proactive work ethic, and like working in a team setting
- You are a juggler. You can multi-task without missing a deadline
- Collaborative in nature with a "no job is too small" attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- You're able and flexible to travel and work weekends/holidays as needed; approximately 25%
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.