About the Job
The Story Producer produces short form feature stories and is i nvolved in all aspects of daily/weekly Original Content for all platforms of NFL Media. This position is responsible for m anaging/ overseeing small crews and budgets, both in production and post editing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Original Content Group directors and decision-makers on a daily basis in terms of concepts/ideas, pre-production, and production.
- Produces feature stories from start to finish; including directing a crew, edit, delivery and managing a small budget.
- Travels to shoot(s) both domestically and internationally.
- Leads field production teams and makes decisions in edit to maximize storytelling, budget and efficiency.
- Formulates and pitches ideas for feature and cross-platform elements.
- Works with NFL Media Group correspondents to execute talent-driven Original Content ideas.
- Coordinates graphics and other elements with NFL Media GFX departments.
- Communicates, on behalf of NFL Media Group, with various media outlets and other entities for film/video/still photos/sound to be used in edited pieces.
- Adheres to established production schedules and budgets to meet deadlines and follow best practices as set forth by the department.
- A creative team attitude is mandatory in all tasks requested from the smallest to largest.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a progressively creative production environment.
- Good production skills related to storytelling, sports and talent management.
- A strong knowledge of production dynamics and working knowledge of the equipment and technologies in the field and edit bays.
- Ability to carry out a broad range of assignments that deal with story development, ever changing production hurdles and simultaneous deadlines across multiple platforms.
- A good decision maker with knowledge of football and sports history.
- Have some supervisory experience with good leadership skills.
- Good writing and copy-editing skills.
- Knowledge of television graphics.
- Established camera directing skillset.
- Good visual skills and knowledge of framing shots and graphics.
- Strong understanding of documentary and verite directing/ producing.
- Ability to produce both a color and audio mix/ sweeten session.
- Specific knowledge of television production technique used in the many production environments.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is preferred
- Previous NFL work experience is preferred
- Oversee part-time personnel including oversight of on location crews, post production positions (editors, colorist, audio editors) Associate Producers and Production Assistants
- Travel as needed to NFL Network Remote events, field shoots, on location production sets.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Position requires a flexible schedule, with potential weekend, after hours and holiday support
- Seasonal - ability to work 40+ hours per week for 7 months