About the Job
The Lead Preditor position in ESPN Films will support production for all ESPN Films projects, including documentaries, series and podcasts. Work includes editing the broadcast masters of ESPN Films' projects, editing of trailers and graphics for ESPN Films, creation of different master versions for other platforms, and assisting in the production of ESPN Films projects. This position will also help maintain and troubleshoot the editing and digital equipment. We are looking for a candidate with strong storytelling ability, editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills who can work effectively with a variety of filmmaking and production teams. This is a full time position.
- Produce and edit video/audio/graphics for ESPN Films, including but not limited to: Director Statements, trailers, promos, end cards, bumps, billboards, and bonus materials.
- Create broadcast masters for delivered films and projects, which includes creating final versions for home entertainment, DVD, and tv air.
- Creation of Blu-rays or DVDs of various films and footage for presentation, can involve 5.1 audio and other mixes.
- Use of photoshop to create marketing and other materials.
- Assisting with production of ESPN Films projects, as needed
- At least 4 years editing experience.
- Experienced use of Avid, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficient in Adobe Media Encoder, Apple Compressor, Toast Titanium, and BlackMagic Media Express.
- Knowledge of various file types, codecs, framerates, and dimensions-must be able to use programs to manipulate video and audio to create whatever file is needed for a specific producer/project.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot.
- General knowledge of the sports media industry
- General knowledge of the documentary landscape
- Ability to direct and shoot smaller scale projects for ESPN Films.
- Knowledge of the ESPN.com video publishing process-expertise in using programs such as Tagger, QC, and Scribe to create and manipulate videos in the ESPN.com realm.
- Experience editing or producing on documentary projects.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.