Director, Business Administration
About the Job
NFL Digital Media is seeking a Director of Business Administration. The Director of Business Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Sr. Director of Digital Operations and Planning. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas for Digital Media: Finance Administration, Contract Administration, Contract Compliance, Business Continuity Planning, Audit and Risk Management.
The ideal candidate will be an aspiring leader and will have experience in leading a team of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. This position will be responsible for executing the Business Administration function as a managed (outsourced) service and will work with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders including legal, finance, sales, product development, content and external resources.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Significant track record of implementing operational efficiencies and recommending comprehensive solutions.
- Substantial experience negotiating contracts to ensure favorable business terms; implement strategies to address deficiencies and mitigate potential risk and liability.
- Extensive knowledge of operational functions in the Digital Media industry; dealing with its vendors and service lines in fast paced high visibility environments.
- Coordination of all internal audit activities and corrective actions in relation to Digital Media.
- Strong business acumen with deep understanding of finances and long-term strategic planning.
- Aggressively manages and performs analysis to ensure NFL processes and policies are adhered to including active participation in the development, implementation, and compliance of the various Digital Media divisions' policies and procedures.
- Implement and execute on standard process for contract administration and compliance.
Finance and Budget Administration:
- Oversee the existing finance processes, interfacing with business and finance stakeholders.
- Establish new processes and systems to code and process invoices in support of budgeting and forecasting efforts.
- Support of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery/Audit:
- Coordinate Digital Media's calendar of obligation as it relates to business continuity planning, table top Exercises and audits.
- Manage the policies, risk register and all supporting materials for audit purposes.
- Establish and execute on a process to maintain a record of all contractual obligations.
- Run annual audits of contractual obligations against products and services (e.g., Android Search, MVPD Contractual Obligations, Tune-In Deliver, Podcasts.)
- Document and report non-compliance to appropriate business leads.
- Partner with business leads to resolve non-compliance.
- Develop and lead a compliance function; partnering with the business and working with other stakeholders across the organization.
Other Related Duties:
- Direct related special projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in a legal, business administration, contract administration, or other relevant environment.
- Minimum 10+ years management experience with a proven track record of employee development.
- BA/BS required from top tier university.
- Proven negotiation, contract administration and drafting skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Results driven innovative thinker with strong strategic vision.
- Strong organizational, reporting, presentation and communication experience and engagement at all levels of management.
- Ability to work in matrix organizations and establish productive long-standing relationships across multiple functions to best serve the interest of the company and its goals.