Studio Operations Manager
About the Job
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
The Studio Operations Manager is a full-time, project-based position that should last for approximately 18 months.
This position is responsible for the overall direct scheduling and supervision of all non-union technical crews. Candidate should be a strong managerial leader with broadcast experience; a positive, self-starter who can interact with all levels of production and senior management.
DUTIES / Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Technical Operations Manager, manage staff and freelance broadcast crew personnel. Includes all crew scheduling, training and hiring, performance evaluation and feedback, compensation evaluation and addressing all employee related issues.
- Ability to interact with all areas of production and senior management to maximize resources and ensure a quality, seamless production in a changing, fast-paced, live studio environment.
- Support studio operations from live control room by acting as quality control person for check in of incoming remote feeds, including but not limited to routing, video processing, aspect ratio conversion / verification, audio and remote communications.
- Along with Technical Operations Manager, maintain weekly studio budget and overtime levels. Maintain weekly financial reports as needed.
- Operational and troubleshooting knowledge of all production systems currently in use to ensure a consistently high level of technical quality across all productions including but not limited to video, audio, Overdrive and lighting systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and intercom systems, operate test equipment and clearly communicate technical problems to engineering is required.
- Perform other related duties as required and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Must have a minimum of five to seven years professional broadcast / cable technical production management experience, and should include live studio and remote experience.
- Familiarity with routers, Grass Valley production switchers, Vizrt Graphics, SSL audio, iNews, Avid Interplay, RTS Intercom and AutoScript prompter systems a plus.
Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills a must.
- Job requires varied shifts including but not limited to nights, weekends, and some holidays.