About the Job
WWE seeks a motivated, experienced Accountant to join our General Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be a CPA and have both public and corporate accounting experience. This position will support the Director of Accounting and involve a mix of month-end close functions, technical analysis, and business support.
- Perform monthly closing activities for various business units, including television and digital content production (including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting schedules.)
- Perform monthly "Budget vs. Actual" variance analyses. Take the lead on researching/resolving significant variances.
- Present monthly financial results to business partners and senior management.
- Monitor activities performed by off-shore service provider, provide ongoing training and mentoring.
- Review and streamline/improve existing processes; document processes for training, internal audit and SOX purposes. Compile and analyze performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert for assigned businesses. Cross-train department members and liaise with business partners to provide more value-added support.
- Complete various assignments/analyses in support of monthly/quarterly closings, year-end audit, annual report and as requested by management.
- 5 years of hands-on, related accounting experience, preferably in content production accounting
- Experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus
- CPA and both public and corporate accounting experience preferred
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills, ability to communicate across all levels, including senior management.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply accounting guidance to new and varied types of transactions
- Process-oriented with a passion for developing best practices
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive; able to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and still pay close attention to details
- Strong Excel Skills, proficient with pivot tables and vlook-ups.
- Previous JD Edwards and/or Workday experience a plus
- Experience working with an off-shore team preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree and/or CPA preferred