Head Spirit Coach
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, the Head Spirit Coach is responsible for the planning, development, and management of a collegiate cheerleading and dance team. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible, and learner-centered environment.
- Maintain effective communication within the college.
- Recruit and retain cheer and dance college-enrolled full-time students only.
- Conduct and supervise practices for cheer and dance teams.
- Prepare teams for performance at athletic contests and other events.
- Arrange and supervise team travel activities.
- Represent the College in a professional and ethical manner.
- Coordinate cheer and dance fund raising events, through Athletic Director approval.
- Promote the cheer and dance programs through involvement within the community and Alumni Booster Association.
- Assist the department with all assigned duties and solicit items for the Alumni Booster Auction.
- Attend all Athletic Department meetings and other College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Previous experience in cheer and dance team instruction and supervision.
- Must maintain a valid Kansas driver's license