Operations Supervisor - Jacksonville
About the Job
Calling all sports fans! Fanatics, Inc. is seeking energetic Operations Supervisors to work with our athletes (aka employees) and management teams in the Jacksonville, FL area. The role incumbent will play a vital role in assisting the organization with strategic and tactical support.
Full Time Fanatics Associates are entitled to benefits such as medical, dental, and vision plans; paid time off; quarterly volunteer paid time off; holiday pay; 401k and applicable company match; and company discounts, during the terms of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, and order processing; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on distribution center floor throughout the shift.
- Maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all operational activities during shift.
- Forecasts staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business; participates in interviewing and hiring process.
- Trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines team being supervised; resolves personnel issues by partnering with HR manager and Ops/Sr Mgmt Team.
- Coordinates with HR Manager and/or Ops/Sr. Mgmt Team to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
- Develops on-going process improvements to drive departmental efficiency.Assists Ops/Sr. Mgmt with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the team; ensure compliance with safety guidelines at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises up to 200 employees within the distribution center
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data to develop and excute a course of action
- Accountability for employee Performance, Quality and Development
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing barriers and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 3 + yrs of Fanatics experience
- Experience using performance management to coach employees on productivity and develop career pathing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Team Leadership Experience
- Experience using warehouse based software
- Experience supporting hourly population in environments such as manufacturing, distribution, and/or call centers
- Experience managing teams of 25 or more
- Experience presenting content in a variety of environments to include business meetings, formations, standup or town hall meetings
- Ability to influence peers and leaders across the company to drive the right outcomes; strong and proven influencing skills.
- Written communication:writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies.