Retail/Concessions Internship - Spring 2019
About the Job
Join our team as a Spring Retail and Concession Intern, where we are 'Building Excellence One Player at a Time.'
As a successful Intern, you will to learn and assist in management of the retail and food & beverage for the Ripken Experience. This internship comes with housing for out-of-area interns, and we will also be happy to work with your school to help you get required college credits for your successful completion of the program.
As our Food & Beverage / Retail Intern, you will work under the direction of the Concessions Manager, and be trained to:
- Assist in receiving and storing all food and beverage & retail inventory; complete monthly inventory of all food & retail items as well as rotating stock
- Assist in the management and daily maintenance of cost of sales, cash control and inventory
- Monitor food quality to ensure it stays within company standard
- Regularly monitor retail store and ensure that it is well stocked and items are ticketed
- Assist with entering corrections to data in Time and Attendance system and monitor corrections
- Maintain solid/appropriate relationships with vendors and service agencies
- Ensure compliance with franchise agreements, contracts and operating standards
- Ensure compliance with Dept of Labor, DHEC and OSHA standards
- Prepare required paperwork, record keeping, and reports
- Perform periodic competitive price comparisons with local competition
- Ensure completion of work responsibilities and special projects in accordance with the designated timeframe, as determined by the Manager
- Provide Manager with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely basis
- College student seeking credit or recent college graduate seeking work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years work experience in related field; valid Driver's License
- Required to work flexible schedule on the needs of the business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel, Publisher and other programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good communication skills (verbal and written). Positive and effective leadership and customer service skills
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
- Routinely required to work extended hours of time
- Must be able to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb stairs
- Routinely lift or move up to 50 pounds at least 20% of the time
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions, dust and particles, and loud noises
What's in it for you?
You will gain valuable experience in the baseball industry, with full training provided and the opportunity to work closely with all members of the Ripken Experience front office!
This internship comes with PAID housing and weekly food allowance.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States